Topic of the Day | Page 2 | Barking Hard

Topic of the Day

Hilarious

hiring-sign.jpg

Head Tax

Seattle passes a smaller version of the 'Amazon head tax'
The newly passed ordinance, which takes effect in January 2019, will impose a "head tax" on the city's highest grossing businesses. The tax will amount to $275 a year per full-time employee in Seattle. It would raise roughly $47 million a year on average and expire after five years, according to the Council.
[video]http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/14/news/economy/seattle-business-head-tax-amazon/index.html[/video]

See Detroit ?

'How is that a compromise?': Iconic Dick's Drive-In slams Seattle head tax

The focus was largely on Amazon, but small businesses like Dick's Drive-in say it will hit them hardest.
With the new employee head tax hitting Seattle next year, big businesses will pay big bucks; $275 per employee, per year.

The debate has most often focused on Amazon, but there are roughly 600 businesses that will be affected, some more than others. One of those is the iconic Dick's Drive-In.

"That's what's really frustrating, this isn't about Amazon at all," said Saul Spady, whose grandfather founded Dick's back in 1954. "This is a tax on high-volume, low-margin businesses, like restaurants, and that's where it's going to put the most pain. And it's making restaurants like Dick's Drive-ins think really strongly about do we make our workforce more efficient, do we give less money to charity, or maybe we just don't be a business in Seattle."

For some, Dick's Drive-In is as much Seattle as the Space Needle, or Starbucks. It's been here longer than both but now must face the fact of doing business in a city that's rapidly changing
https://www.king5.com/article/news/...drive-in-slams-seattle-head-tax/281-552130426

Last edited:
Cocaine sold at Las Vegas bar for decades

For more than two decades, bartenders at the now-shuttered Smuggle Inn sold cocaine to anyone who wanted it, according to a letter one wrote to a Las Vegas judge.

“I was hired at the Smuggle Inn at the age of twenty eight,” bartender Michelle Kirk, now 52, wrote to District Judge David Barker in June. “I didn’t realize when I started working there that it had been a cocaine bar for many years. It was basically the only reason people went there.”

The tavern, located for more than 30 years at 1305 Vegas Valley Drive, shut down in March and no longer has a restaurant or liquor license, Clark County records show.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...ne-sold-at-las-vegas-bar-for-decades-1834848/

Anyone here been there ?

This is somehow hard to believe even here. but true
My math says 24 years of service...lol

must be a heap of buzz around the raiders coming to town
they look like being a pretty damn good team by the time 2020 kicks off
pretty genius move having the stadium on the strip like that
walk to the game then in 15 minutes after you're back in your room? magic.

I looked into it and I think the vegas locals (fertitta family) are going to try
and wrestle control of the franchise from davis over time
they have epstein as vice president of the vegas stadium board
they always wanted an NFL franchise and now? Its so close.
they have the capital to turn your lights out
all they have to do is get davis deep in dept and bang bang
they are going to get davis out to vegas and then fleece him for all he's worth
just like everyone else who goes there! LOL

Raiders

I got sick of the hype here quick. the paper writes about them daily since day one. I refused to read mostly. till this year :popcorn:

Would not be surprised if they had a take over. but their finances will be pretty good here. so he should be ok.

its going to be a massive success
vegas is gonna rock like never before :rockon:
ticket prices are going to skyrocket
well mad I guess hope the browns come to town 2020
we should be a winner by then

This just confirms what I said before,
you can find a poll to support any point of view
Second hand smoke from cigarettes is a health
hazard, can’t speak to vaping.
I quit smoking cold turkey ten years ago and now
the smell from cigarettes make my eyes water and it
makes your clothes smell nasty ,I don’t miss smoking
and can’t be around it.
I don’t preach to anyone or slight them for smoking
it’s there preference, for me, just can’t be around it
anymore not to mention a single pack is about seven
to ten dollars!
Smokem if you got them...

Please

Did you read it ?
It's NOT a POLL

The point is the Gov pissing on facts. making people who can read more than a headline distrust any Gov reporting. the Gov now controls science with our monies. GOOD GRIEF

Top Bottom