NFL Draft - Who do the Browns want for a Receiver from the 2022 draft. | Page 7 | Barking Hard

NFL Draft Who do the Browns want for a Receiver from the 2022 draft.

Is Fitzpatrick going to be healthy enough to play by training camp? If so I would be OK bringing Fitzpatrick in, but why would he come here knowing the FO is going to keep BM unless he is significantly more productive?

Fitzpatrick is just another guy who isn't nearly as good as Mayfield, and it isn't particularly close. I don't mind getting him but a 40-year old career back-up who had a nice season in 2015 but nothing else notable highlights how the perception of Mayfield is a long way removed from the reality of Mayfield.

Odell didn't fail in this offense. He's just as productive in LA.

DPJ - 14 games - 34 receptions, 58 targets, 17.6 YPC, 597 yards, 3 TD.
OBJ - 15 games - 44 receptions, 82 targets, 12.2 YPC, 537 yards, 5 TD.

I just don't understand at what point he became some sort of phenom in LA. He's played in 10 total games with LA, including playoffs, and had under 40 yards in six of those games and three times was held under 20 yards. I just don't get how he's become the face of the NFL despite being the 3rd most productive receiver on his team. Being a #2 for $3M in a WR-friendly offense is a little easier than being a #1 for $20M, so it's not surprising he's getting some additional targets and red-zone receptions when drawing a favourable match-up.

As for Pickett, it's an interesting one. I'm worried about that kind of flash-in-the-pan year where he's infinitely more productive than the three years before it, but I watched a pretty cool video on how he has been a vital part in rebuilding that program.

Pickett, for me, is like a lot of the other guys in the draft. It's nice to dream of wanting that undisputed quarterback of the future, but it's tough to evaluate any of these guys as being that guy. As I've said, this draft reminds me of the 2010 draft. A lot of quarterbacks who were overdrafted based on need rather than talent.

I think I saw that video about Pickett as well and agree with you on the flash in the pan year. But the more I watch and read about him, he just seems to exude future franchise QB. All the tools, and I saw a quote something along the lines of "throws the most catchable ball I have ever seen". I like that. It means something especially after seeing Baker's high, hard, and behind fastballs for 4 years.

It won't happen or course, but I would be excited if it did.

Looking at the Pickett highlight video he has a big windup and damn near every time he rolls out it's to his right. At 6'03 220 he's got good size and can escape pressure. All things that he can improve on ahead of the combine and Senior Bowl.

Here's the video I mentioned.

Personally, I still prefer Ridder or Willis.

Just little things irk me about Pickett. The hand size, a reliance on an athleticism which won't be useful in the NFL, almost 1/3 of his completions and almost 1/2 his touchdowns were to an uncoverable Jordan Addison, and the one-year wonder.

Some have pointed to his first few years as poor scheme, lack of talent on the OL and supporting class and his own issues. He's said to have worked hard to overhaul his mechanics prior to his final year, some new talent began to hit their stride and the offense got some tweaks to help him out. Who knows. Maybe he really just took a step.

Personally, I see small hands, a pretty average arm and Mayfield-esque mobility we know doesn't translate. He's said to have returned to college because he got 5th/6th round grades last draft, and he's improved but I'm still not seeing a guy who makes me say we have to go get him.

I saw the Pickett video while at work without audio. So, based only on what was seen:
It kinda looks like he discovered early on at Pitt that he could rely on a glove to improve his grip on the ball.
If he needs a glove at the college level, is that a good thing at the pro level?
Just how far downfield could he throw the ball? In the winter? While playing in the wind by the lake?
In the snow? When the temps. are in the 20s or the teens?

The small hands get to me as well. But this is where shep and all those people would say hahahahaha small hands, imagine, hahahah 5'11 as if height matters!

Yah, it all matters. And yes it can all be overcome ....it's just harder and less likely.

Why tout this guy as a possible 13th pick if his hands are not reliable?

Unfortunately, as is true for every prospect, there are some downfalls. Luckily for Burks, they are not significant and can be fixed at the next level.

At times he finds himself losing concentration and dropping a catchable ball. This was an issue that wasn’t too consistent throughout his career, but those said drops will be inexcusable in the NFL. Burks also has a bad habit of running his routes with tall shoulders.

When Von Miller daydreamed out loud last offseason to Odell Beckham Jr. about the two of them playing on the same team one day, possibly in Ohio, his friend had one sentence for him.

“Don't come to Cleveland,” Miller recalls to Sports Illustrated's Greg Bishop.

I just don't get it. The guy was actively lobbing against great players coming to Cleveland. Like, who the fuck does that to their team? To their team mates?

That's pathetic.

We arent in position to draft a once in a lifetime wideout.
Paul Warfied directed Acorsi to draft Webster Slaughter at 43.

Two things..............

WR at #1 is a luxury but not mandatory.
Why the fuck are guys like Warfield not around and chirping in Hilbilly Haslams wax-caked ears?
(Reggie Langhorne- 7th Round, Brian Brennan - 4th round)

Oh yeah, I forgot, it's because our FO has smart guys like horse-teeth Putney Swope guiding the team.

QB absolutely makes the recievers, and the OL.

Wow what a piece of shit OBJ is.
Didn't know that about Warfield. Yes, I would LOVE for the Browns greats to have Haslams ear. But let's be honest, ownership hates Cleveland. Tennessee orange. Tennessee shaped scoreboard. This guys wet dream is to move the Browns to Tennessee. Fuck the Haslams.

Last edited:
You really think they won that game because Odell had 39 receiving yards? They had three other receivers over 60 yards that game...

I also mentioned in my post that Odell's touchdowns were assisted by playing beside Kupp. Sure looked like some confusion there when Kupp was sent in motion as a decoy.

And, again, that's just not a $20M route. Whether sports media loses their mind or not. It just isn't.
One thing many forget when making such comments as Beckham didn’t make a difference with only 39 yards is, he commands extra attention which opens up other guys. LA comes out looking like champs and smelling like a rose on this one boyz!

It's how he runs his offense. Diggs wanted out because Stefanski was gearing the offense in a more run-heavy direction. We've limited Mayfield since day one. It's the worst aspect of Stefanski - he prioritises the passing attack way less than everyone else.

If you're suggesting he's running the offense this way because he's not thrilled with Mayfield, then he's only hurting himself. Putting the most important player on the offense in a bad situation because Kevin doesn't trust him is an insurmountable flaw in coaching.

He needs to open it up, and we need to add personnel who put him in a more comfortable position to do so.
I don’t mind a great running game. I also don’t mind a great passing game. However to get a great passing game you have to have a great qb. Which we do not!

Top Bottom