Favorite Bands/Music | Page 6 | Barking Hard

Favorite Bands/Music

I'm super eclectic musically.

Does BDU ever come around these parts?

Wonder what he thinks of Empire Of The Sun. I can dig some electronica. Just curious if they're appreciated down under or are they, say, the Nickelback of Australia.

(I actually don't mind Nickelback in doses, ftr, but man they're on the end of a lot of jokes).

"Michael Bolton must Die"

(I actually don't mind Nickelback in doses, ftr, but man they're on the end of a lot of jokes).
People having a hard on for any music is just ridiculous. the strangest one I ever heard was on the Buffalo radio station. seemed like every other break they would come off with the statement of "Michael Bolton must Die" while somewhat funny the first few times over a long weekend at Niagara Fall's it just got weird.

I was just sitting here thinking of Leonard Cohen.....which is weird, I know. Check out Jeff Buckley's version of Cohen's Hallelujah. RIP Leonard. Say hello to Jeff for us.

Actually, they're probably already up there jamming.

I'm super eclectic musically.

Does BDU ever come around these parts?

Wonder what he thinks of Empire Of The Sun. I can dig some electronica. Just curious if they're appreciated down under or are they, say, the Nickelback of Australia.

I saw an Empire Of The Sun song on MTV recently and didn't dig it at all. Not my beat.

As for Nickleback in Australia...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/can...r-crimes-against-music-in-australia-1.3081333

The tour mentioned in that hilarious police tweet actually followed an online campaign in which people tried to get the federal government to deny Nickleback entry visas ahahah. With that said, I agree with you, they have some catchy tunes - It's hilarious, but they really don't deserve the hatred they get ahhaha.

As for us, we're almost exclusively rock and metal. Our national treasure, withholding the old school likes of Jimmy Barnes, John Farnham and Midnight Oil, is Parkway Drive. They're one of the few new school Aussie bands who can pack arena tours around the nation and go platinum within the country.

I love Parkway Drive, they're in my top 10 but not my top 5. Two of my favourite bands are...

A Day To Remember - I caught these guys here on tour a few weeks ago in Melbourne. Concert was fucking wild, they killed it. I also have an A Day To Remember tattoo. Florida punk-ish band who can go from soft to heavy depending on what they like. A little more pop in their music than I usually like but I've been listening to them since I was a kid.

Bring Me The Horizon - English lads who've seen their sound really soften over the years. Includes a lot more electronica-styled influence and has become almost entirely clean vocals as opposed to outright screaming away. The vocalist has a really raspy voice that produces the similar harshness even when he's simply singing, so I dig the new direction. BMTH is actually fucking huge here, they have an arena tour coming up and are looking to add second dates because tickets are flying out the door - Arena tours are rare in Australia based on our population, we're a massive country but we only have roughly the population of Texas, so getting people to swarm to a concert is a big thing here.

That's my preference. I listen to anything, though. Even some of the mainstream shit which, these days, has zero substance but is catchy as fuck. I love all the classics, Queen and Aerosmith are particular favourites. I love music and reading, so most days I'm just chillin' with a book and some background tunes, which of either matters little to me as long as it's there.

1 year bump!

My favorite bands are mostly in the Progressive and Power Metal arena.

Kamelot
Dream Theater
Pain of Salvation
Neal Morse
Porcupine Tree
Symphony X
Serenity
Orphaned land
Rhapsody
Ayreon
Riverside
Vanden Plas