Jesus Christ Wasn't Born on Dec. 25 | Page 4 | Barking Hard

Jesus Christ Wasn't Born on Dec. 25

Jesus actual birthday is upon us. so thought time to bump.
it is also at this time many think he will return, this year is the question or how soon. persons pick
Feast of Trumpets: September 14-15
Day of Atonement: September 23-24
Feast of Tabernacles/Shelters/Harvest: Sept. 28 – Oct. 5

Still picking Feast of Trumpets but have noted many are working on this subject recently. more than last year with some picking now. some of the labor intensive work on some sites is just amazing.
can only speak for myself but it's a hopeful time thinking of others who are in the Faith and ones who are not.

Happy Birthday Jesus

The evidence for Easter

By Victor Joecks Las Vegas Review-Journal
March 31, 2018 - 9:00 pm

If you think politicians make outlandish claims, consider what Christians celebrate at Easter. They believe a man named Jesus was brutally tortured, murdered and buried for three days before rising from the dead. Furthermore, they assert this man was also fully God and that your belief or lack of belief in him determines your eternal destiny.

Christians have no video evidence or DNA tests to prove this. That’s understandable because Christians say the event Easter celebrates took place almost 2,000 years ago.

Americans can’t even agree on things that happened two weeks ago. Isn’t Easter an ancient example of “fake news,” a myth propagated by people putting faith over historical realities?

It’s a valid question. The answer starts with looking at the books of the New Testament. How can you determine if what you read today is what the author wrote 2,000 years ago?

That question isn’t unique to the Bible. There are no original copies of any ancient work. Historians use a twofold test to determine how accurately copyists transmitted a manuscript throughout the ages. Scholars look at how many copies exist and the number of years between the original and the earliest surviving copy.

For example, Julius Caesar fought and won a series of battles against the Gauls from 58 to 50 B.C. He chronicled his conquests in “On the Gallic War.” Historians have 251 manuscripts of this book, and the earliest is from the ninth century, a gap of more than 850 years.

Plato was one of the most important ancient philosophers. He wrote a series of dialogues before he died in 348/347 B.C. Scholars have 210 manuscripts of those writings. The oldest is from 895 A.D,. a gap of more than 1,200 years.

Aside from the Bible, the ancient work with the greatest number of copies is Homer’s “Iliad,” created around 800 B.C. There are more than 1,800 copies of it, and the earliest is from around 400 B.C., a gap of just 400 years.

The books of the New Testament were written between 50 and 100 A.D. There are more than 5,800 New Testament manuscripts in Greek and more than 18,500 New Testament manuscripts in other languages. The time gap between authorship and the earliest manuscript is just 50 years. All statistics are from a 2014 review by Josh McDowell and Clay Jones.

Try telling a history professor that there isn’t enough historical evidence to confirm Julius Caesar conquered the Gaels or that Plato wrote philosophy. Yet there is a much greater track record for the accurate transmittal of the books depicting the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

An accurate transmission doesn’t mean what is written is true. The “Iliad” is, after all, a work of fiction. A key group, however, did believe the events recorded in the writings that became the New Testament — its authors. Some even explicitly emphasized that their writings were trustworthy and accurate recordings. It wasn’t just idle talk. Their actions changed, too.

Jesus’ disciples abandoned him when he was arrested. Within weeks, however, those cowards became bold preachers of a gospel message that would transform the world. They didn’t get preachy to get rich. Rather, their preaching led to imprisonments and executions.

Faith doesn’t mean turning off your brain. Rather, having faith can be the step one takes based on the evidence, including the historical documentation of an empty tomb.

Happy Easter.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/opinion-columns/victor-joecks/the-evidence-for-easter/

Happy Birthday Jesus

Jesus actual birthday is upon us. so thought time to bump.
it is also at this time many think he will return, this year is the question or how soon. persons pick
Feast of Trumpets: September 14-15
Day of Atonement: September 23-24
Feast of Tabernacles/Shelters/Harvest: Sept. 28 – Oct. 5

Still picking Feast of Trumpets but have noted many are working on this subject recently. more than last year with some picking now. some of the labor intensive work on some sites is just amazing.
can only speak for myself but it's a hopeful time thinking of others who are in the Faith and ones who are not.

Happy Birthday Jesus

Feast of Trumpets: September 30-Oct 1
Day of Atonement: Oct. 9
Feast of Tabernacles Oct. 14-20

Sep 18 - Sep 20
Rosh Hashanah = Feast of Trumpets

Sep 27 - Sep 28
Yom Kippur = Day of Atonement

Oct 2 - Oct 9
Sukkot = Feast of Tabernacles

Will Jesus return ?

In an earlier post, you suggested that some people believe Jesus will return from Heaven on one of these date ranges. I had not heard that before. What is the basis for that belief?

Also, since you are assuming Jewish holidays, it might seem reasonable to suppose that you believe that Jesus will return to earth for the purpose of accepting the throne of David in Jerusalem to rule as the king of the Jews as the early Jewish followers of Jesus believed? Or do you believe with Paul and the gentile church that the saints (including you, presumably) will be lifted up to meet Jesus in the air when he appears and then be immediately transferred to Heaven with him for the marriage ceremony of Christ to the church after which there will be eternal bliss in Heaven?

Last edited:
In an earlier post, you suggested that some people believe Jesus will return from Heaven on one of these date ranges. I had not heard that before. What is the basis for that belief?
This should have been covered in this thread. if not found let me know.

do you believe with Paul and the gentile church that the saints (including you, presumably) will be lifted up to meet Jesus in the air when he appears and then be immediately transferred to Heaven with him for the marriage ceremony of Christ to the church after which there will be eternal bliss in Heaven?
That mostly.
eternal bliss
Might be better said "eternal life"

This should have been covered in this thread. if not found let me know.

If it is there, I have missed it.

As you know, I am currently an atheist, but I spent many a Sunday morning in Sunday school as a child and I was taught that according to the scriptures nobody knows the day or the hour. According to Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:32, in almost exact language Jesus is said to have said: "But of that day or that hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Luke 21:34-26 contains a variation with the following: "But take heed to yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a snare; for it will come upon all who dwell upon the face of the whole earth."

So as I read the scripture, nobody knows and nobody can know. Nevertheless, you seem to have an idea of specific likely dates for the return of Jesus. But if Jesus, himself, does not know, how can you possibly know?

That mostly.

Fair enough.

But if Jesus, himself, does not know, how can you possibly know?
I'm far from alone in thinking this. now there is a "OUT" in this. say we go bat shit nuts with nukes for example.
I've heard this mostly spoken of that could alter Gods plans. but so far so good. I forget the text for this. just trust me here. if I recall will post. it's been nearly 20 years or more since I learned all this.

I will not disagree with Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:32, you posted. remember this those writers did not have the time to study we've had. they and Paul had hoped they would live to see it. they when with him wanted him to run the Romans off(in short). I'm not picking a "specific day" just a range of days. relying on Jewish record keeping.etc

People who have tried to figure this out have mostly picked one of the 3 feasts. google any one individually. "Jesus return"
"Rapture" + "Rosh Hashanah = Feast of Trumpets" etc. you can see the work/time put into this. I'll just show a couple things below

All 7 of the Feasts must be completed. 4 are done.
feasts-menorah1.jpg

feast_days_of_the_lord_in_prophecy_750x795.jpg

According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord,will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
Therefore encourage one another with these words. (1 Thessalonians 4:15-18)

They say a meteor is going to hit on Nov. 2, my sons birthday, also voting day ....maybe that knocks the Earth out of orbit, and those not killed by the meteor float up to the Heavens due to lack of gravity. Never know. My mom has been convinced the rapture is coming soon for most of her life. Be cool. I want to live long enough to see my children find success and joy, and have some grandkids. Though my BP is through the roof lately so I don't know how likely that is. Maybe the rapture is the better route.

Top Bottom