Pick #4 Denzel Ward | Page 10 |

Pick #4 Denzel Ward

Interesting that the Browns are interested in more CBs -- ie: Breeland and Adjei-Barimah. I guess they don't give a shit about Gaines' butt-hurtedness.
 
One way to sign good young vet WRs is trade for them (!). If Breeland came in spite of the crowded room, he'd know somebody was on the way out.

I hear the Chiefs are all in on Breeland, cleared cap specifically to pay him.
 
Gaines is really, really good. I take it as a sign the Browns see a surplus and the potential now or later to flip it for a need. Good camp vibes on Simeon Thomas too.

KC getting nervous that Breeland will leave town without a deal. Colts and Browns are fat with cash.
 
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a> rookie CB Denzel Ward got dinged up in practice today; Hue Jackson says ankle but not believed to be serious.</p>— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/1029115847074344960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As I accumulate notes & angles for this upcoming season I grow more excited to see what Denzel Ward becomes in Cleveland. His skill set is just so ideal for modern NFL coverage.</p>— Jake Burns (@jake_burns18) <a href="https://twitter.com/jake_burns18/status/1029165966947770369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 
Great news!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a> CB Denzel Ward (back spasms) is practicing after leaving game Thursday night.</p>— Scott Petrak ct (@ScottPetrak) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScottPetrak/status/1033414263522709505?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 25, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 
Holy crap dorsey knocked it out the park. WAKE up :mod: !!

do you realize this guy was all over AB all game even the TD was great coverage. when has anyone been able to hold AB under 100 yds?

a 1st round pick that actually looks like good player ...whats going on around here?
 
YES!

Once we're done crying over splilled milk, which is traditionally Tuesday morning, we'll all likely fully appreciate what we have here.

Baker, Ward, and Avery are the gems of this draft, along with trading a 3rd for Tyrod and a 4th for Jarvis.

Chubb is TBA. Corbett needs to "learn on the bench" (man I hate that concept)
 
If that's what we get out of Ward's first game, I'm really looking forward to his career.

Oh, and Hue. STFU and support your players, especially when he was one of the best players on the field yesterday. He scolded Ward for his coverage on AB's TD (which was pretty good) after scolding 3G for scolding Ward's tackling.
 
Holy crap man. Denzel had THE best PFF grade of all the first rounders in week 1.

Side note, as we all know, our 5th round LB from Memphis, who in the end, we got in exchange for Cam Erving, did even better!

(Cam's pass blocking grade in week 1 you ask? 33.8 - at guard)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Denzel Ward made a huge impact in his first NFL regular season game. See how every first round pick graded this week ($)<br><br>⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ <a href="https://t.co/xiYtW9BBDu">https://t.co/xiYtW9BBDu</a> <a href="https://t.co/s21mgDDQr1">pic.twitter.com/s21mgDDQr1</a></p>— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1039623624016187392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 
Having elite young players at #1 EDGE and #1 CB... that's some excellent team building right there. Add in Mayfield, Gordon, and hopefully Desmond Harrison and it's perfect.
 
Oh, of course, EE. But I've read enough about his elite talent and how scouts drool, easily 1st round stuff, I really do think it's about reps and staying healthy.

If both happen, talent tends to rise. As an aside, I just watched the end zone cutups of every pass block play, the one Zierling praised... and he is really nifty.

My hope, and it seems reasonable, is that every week of 1st team reps and coaching makes him a little better. And that would be really damn good.
 
Back
Top Bottom