Pick #4 Denzel Ward | Page 11 |

Pick #4 Denzel Ward

This should quiet any nay sayers.. The kid can ball...


I liked the pick at 4..... it filled a need.... but naysayers will continue to be naysayers because you can't justify a number 4 overall based on one game.

The last rookie with 2 INTs in their Rookie debut was 25 years ago...... Did he go on to a great career, or even a great season??????
 
I liked the pick at 4..... it filled a need.... but naysayers will continue to be naysayers because you can't justify a number 4 overall based on one game.

The last rookie with 2 INTs in their Rookie debut was 25 years ago...... Did he go on to a great career, or even a great season??????

Who was it?

IMO it's always encouraged when a rookie looks as advertised. I hope he can continue to play well but we needed to address our porous secondary regardless of what the naysayers think. Two picks are nice, Ward has a nose for the ball and I hope that continues to showcase.
 
I may not know enough about football, but I keep being impressed with his tackles and play near the LOS

His coverage isn't too shabby either..... hell, the 2 TDs which I saw described as WRs "Beating" him, were both well defended...... A great placed ball, and a tremendous effort by a WR is a deadly combination..... would have been nice to see him get his head around, but honestly wouldn't have made a difference in either case.... both were great throws/catches.
 
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Baker Mayfield isn't the only top-five pick impressing in Cleveland.<br><br>A look at how Denzel Ward has been delivering so far for the Browns.<a href="https://t.co/YJHpwhiSip">https://t.co/YJHpwhiSip</a><br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF_AustinGayle</a>) <a href="https://t.co/fmOO3ytm9T">pic.twitter.com/fmOO3ytm9T</a></p>— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1043307896455475200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 
The strip fumble was something special. He just outmanned him, left Anderson bloody nosed on the sidelines. I didn't expect this to happen so quickly. What a player. He'll be an easy DROY, and if all goes well a shutdown CB for a long time.
 
He's rarely beat. When a QB goes his way and makes a completion Ward is right there and it usually requires a heroic effort by the WR as well as the QB.

This is the NFL and sometimes you will be in position, have the right technique and timing and everything yet still get beat. It happens.

shrug
 
Geezuz this kid! Again, not PFF rookie team of the week, or first rounders of the week, it's THE PFF team of the week.

Now I want to draft OSU's d-lineman. The Bucks are churning out elite-ness.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The fourth overall selection in the 2018 NFL Draft makes the PFF Team of the Week on defense.<br><br>Click below for the full team:<br><br>⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ <a href="https://t.co/YXWiKpX2MZ">https://t.co/YXWiKpX2MZ</a> <a href="https://t.co/v8agbMTjyC">pic.twitter.com/v8agbMTjyC</a></p>— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1044319563712802816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 
He'll get my vote again this week for ROW. I can't see this defense playing as well as it has without him.

Combined with Garrett all we need now is a top end LB'er and all the levels of the defense will be covered. Not saying we don't need help anywhere else just that we'll have an impact player at each level. Especially if Peppers continues to improve in the back end.
 
He'll get my vote again this week for ROW. I can't see this defense playing as well as it has without him.

Combined with Garrett all we need now is a top end LB'er and all the levels of the defense will be covered. Not saying we don't need help anywhere else just that we'll have an impact player at each level. Especially if Peppers continues to improve in the back end.

That's where I am too. I don't want to do what I've done at this point of past seasons and start scouring the draft possibilities, but I do think the Browns need to upgrade their SAM. Collins would be fine as a backup but not at his price. Kirksey could be upgraded too, especially in coverage against TEs. But his strength against the run and his leadership abilities are an asset. But I'll look at the college ranks later. Not now.
 
Hahaha. Mayock. "They go Ward here, although I still believe the better football player is (Bradley) Chubb".

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“With the fourth pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select ... Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State”<br><br>&#55357;&#56570;: NFL Network/FOX <a href="https://t.co/gMTmm2zAZj">pic.twitter.com/gMTmm2zAZj</a></p>— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) <a href="https://twitter.com/Browns/status/989666144532418560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 
He'll get my vote again this week for ROW. .

Any other rookies blow it up this week?

I will vote for a Brown, or not at all..... but although Baker had an awesome half against the JETs, it was a half, no TDs (thrown or ran by him) and that was a week that Ridley had 3 TD grabs.....

I think the Browns are winning the popular vote for the first time in a long time!
 
Back
Top Bottom