2019 All Things Tribe | Page 3 | Barking Hard

2019 All Things Tribe

Right?!

1-0 win. Wow. So perfect pitching won out over very good pitching. *drool*

Sooooo boring. I can watch it. I don't know casual fans will, but I can watch pitcher's duel after pitcher's duel and marvel at how these guys hit their spots with different pitches and different speeds.

But it also allows me to walk away from it in the middle of the game. I was watching the Blue Jackets sweep and that was good stuff. I hope we get Boston and give them a well deserved beat down too.

They went into the same mode as they did when they went up 3 to1 games vs the Cubs in the Series.

Ohhhh, we got this and they, the Cubs, know it's over. Let's just get through the rest of the game. Oh we lost that one? It's ok. We'll crush 'em the next game. But next game never comes. This is why there are critics of Terry Francona. He's a player's manager and doesn't develop a good killer instinct in his players by being too relaxed. Not my opinion, but I can see how others may think this way.

I'm not sure I'm buying it, but there is a similar sentiment about his style. He latches on to players too long and it can be a detriment in the long run.

That said I'm not for letting him go. I don't know of a better replacement other than Sandy Alomar and he's an unknown. When the Dolan's screw this team up enough to let Tito go the job is likely Alomar's.

Looks like that 9th inning is carrying over tonight..

Back when I was a teenager I went to some Phillies games in the late 90s as they were the most convenient/cheap option to see a big league game. Tito was the manager back then. His teams usually came in last place despite having some talent. The first year Larry Bowa got hired after Tito was fired the team won over 20 more games that year. Larry was definitely more a fiery guy than Francona.

That stuff is ancient history yes but I bring that up as it's the same criticisms back then Francona had. He's too much of a players manger. I'm of the opinion he's always been a solid guy as long as I can remember him but the criticisms of his teams not having a killer instinct as you say are legit.

But yeah who will you get to replace him. I'm thinking the Dolans don't want someone with a strong personality running the team? In this day and age though with analytics the Larry Bowa's, Billy Martin's, and Lou Piniella's of the world though are becoming a thing of the past. Even the Yankees went away with Joe Girardi for Aaron Boone more because Girardi imo had a little too much personality for their tastes. But that's their problem though now :hugegrin:

Possibly sweeping the Astros for some slight revenge from last year.

Im figuring this is an above average team overall. Winning games like this yet blowing 5 run ninth inning leads.

Wanna see that killer instinct

Of note is the fact that the Twins have 5 wins against the Orioles this year already. The Orioles are a shit team so the Twins still have to prove they can beat the likes of Houston which we currently are doing...even though we lost yesterday.

Twins getting their ass kicked tonight. Then they have the Yankees next who they never beat. Hope and should be back in 1st soon. I don’t think the Twins are gonna be a pushover though

It's amazing how much better this lineup is when Franc is in there. And his glove is a + for the defense!

thumbup

I'm starting to come around a bit on this team. I wish we had Sunshine back though. His last few starts really showed he was becoming a complete pitcher. Same for Beiber. The new guys are starting to show improvement.

Giving Francona credit for tonights win, pushed the right buttons in the 9th. The PH Naquin got the winning hit. Tribe Win!

Umm can we play the Mariners every day judging on the results this year?

Brad Hand striking out the side for the save. One smart move picking him up last year

Yes it was. They do a good job of knowing when it's time to let a guy go, but sometimes it doesn't always work out like when they tried to trade Kipnis and Kluber.

The Dolans are to cheap to cut these guys so we are stuck with them until their contracts are done. Oh and then they cut guys like Brantley, and Bruce in salary cap moves. Somehow they brought Santana back though. It's like there is no rhyme or reason to who they let go and who they sign other than if the player is affordable.
:confused2:

Jose Ramirez, maybe will get himself and the team going with that walk off HR?

Idk, hitting in general can go in waves

I'm not all worked up about the hitting. We have none. We knew that from the start so when we lose games 1-0 and 2-1 it's not a shocker. It's too bad cause if we had a reasonably efficient offense we would be in first place right now even without Kluber and Clevinger and Salazar.

Hell we got a damn good starting pitching staff on the DL right now and we're in 2nd place. And we got Brad Zimmer in rehab on a 10 day DL too. On a thin roster we'll suffer some trying to get through the injuries.

But yeah Ramirez' bottom of the ninth HR was sorely needed as we are 4 games back right now.

Shit. Twins are no joke. On the other hand though they lost 2 of 3 to the Yankees.

I still can’t entirely take them seriously

You and me both.

Yet we are still in the hunt with all the injuries we've had to endure early. My hope is we are struggling because of the injuries and we'll start to get some consistency as we get guys back and up to speed. No guarantees though.

We tried to trade Kluber and Kipnis and got nothing. Now we are stuck with them because of cheap ownership. It's just a better value to play them and hope they excel than to cut them and be done.

The rich teams will pick them up as insurance and/or spot starters and it's apparently a bad look for us. I disagree.

If after we try to trade a player and it's publicly known. Don't keep that guy around a few more years. Bite the bullet and let him go. The team will be better off...unless you ask Francona cause he'll say he loves that guy and wants him on the team as long as possible. Which gives management an excuse to keep him around.

Top Bottom