2019 All Things Tribe | Page 4 | Barking Hard

2019 All Things Tribe

We really don't fare well against Oakland so far

Kevin Plawecki geez I though he was a light hitter with the Mets. .143 average so far! :(

We're trying to win on the cheap with pitching and not much else. We have nothing on offense. Period. Kipnis, Ramirez, Plawecky, Perez and the outfield in general are triple A players right now.

:tsk:

Yeah they don't have any firepower to come back after being down by two or three runs. Especially after the 5th or 6th inning.

It's all pitching and nothing else.
shrug

Yeah they don't have any firepower to come back after being down by two or three runs. Especially after the 5th or 6th inning.

It's all pitching and nothing else.
shrug

I guess we got proved wrong Tuesday night with the 9th inning comeback and today's 14 run effort. Nice wins but still have my doubts about the offense

Even Plawecki homered today! If nothing else took both series from the Twins and Yankees.

Does that prove then we can play with anyone?

I think we can play with anyone, but consistently winning? Not so much.

We'll have our nice stretches of good ball and beat a few good teams occasionally. Overall we're an average team that relies way too much on pitching.

It's to the point the lineup is an afterthought.

Ownership also refuses to let go of guys they've signed to big contracts even after they've publicly tried to trade them and failed. That's not a good look for the organisation and the players know it. Hell the league knows it too.

But hey! We're only 9.5 games behind the twins who are playing the rubber match Sunday game in detroit. Only the twins have their hottest pitcher going for them today in Odorizzi.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=401075704

I guess there's something to be said for beating/sweeping the teams you should. I mean we got swept by KC at the beginning of the year

Also it seems Bobby Bradley in AAA Columbus will be up here shortly:

Tito says, "If you're going to err you err on the side of caution".

Well then Jake Bauers obviously should be in AAA and Bobby Bradley should be up here playing. Jake Bauers is hitting .223 with 8 homers and 26 RBI. This is what gets Tito in trouble because he falls in love with guys like Bauers, who aren't playing well and are in the way of guys like Bobby Bradley who just needs some time up here to see if he's for real.

Put Bauers back in AAA and play Bobby Bradley as much as possible while he's still hot. He can't be any worse than Bauers. It also allows Bauers to, "play and succeed".

Another sweep of the lowly tigers and the Tribe is suddenly playing good ball consistently...after adding Mercado and Bobby Bradley from AAA and more unexpected starting pitching help in Plesac and Plutko:

As I said earlier in this thread I still don't buy into the Twins. They are cooling off a little and I'd be surprised if they keep pace the second half of the season with their rookie manager. On the other hand though I'd be surprised at this point if they don't win the division. 8 games is still a lot to come back from.

It is encouraging we're beating up on the teams we should for now. The Royals come into town but they swept us earlier in the season.

Wild Card we still definitely got a shot

How's things looking for the Tribe?

The Blue Jays have been blowing ass but that's to be expected with Shapiro's Thrift Store.

We've got some unexpected help from AAA in the form of RP's Plesac and Plutko to go with 1B Bobby Bradley and CF Oscar Mercado. The Tribe has now won something like 15 of their last 19, four in a row and 9 of their last 11.

They've cut into the twins lead and we are currently 7.5 games behind them. Twins gotta play T Bay though and Kipnis just hit a walk off game winning HR in the bottom of the tenth last night against the royals. Kipnis is actually hitting and it seems to have sparked Ramirez. Suddenly the Tribe looks like it can score runs to go with all the pitching in the world.

Our bullpen is #1 or two in the league so if they can continue to hit reasonably well we can win a ton of games from here on out. All this while Kluber is still on the DL and Clevinger just started his first game off the DL.

Oh and some guy named Civale was given a spot start this past week and he pitched 6 scoreless! He's back in AAA. We got rid of Leonys Martin who was designated for assignment after a lack of hustle on his part in centerfield cost the Tribe. When the boys got back in the dugout Lindor promptly chewed Martin's ass. That created a spot for Bobby Bradley who got a double in his 1st major league at bat.

Everything is trending upward right now in Tribe town.
:high5:

Hand has been solid all year. I suppose he can get some slack for his performance tonight. However, that was truly awful

Top Bottom