NFL - Baker to the Panthers for a 2024 (conditional) 5th rounder | Barking Hard

NFL Baker to the Panthers for a 2024 (conditional) 5th rounder

It was only a matter of time for this deal to happen.
BM is a good QB. Not very good last year, he gets his shot at the Browns in week one and us with our back up QB. That should make for a crazy atmosphere and a helluva game.

Have to say, any step to put this saga behind us is a good thing in my book.

So let's get this straight.

Watson
  • Bio - great QB, but flawed human, with umpteen lawsuits hanging over his head, had 12 teams call the Texans after the grand jury decided not to criminally indict.
  • Result - Took a mega contract and a pile of first rounders, plus more, to acquire him.

Mayfield
  • Bio - first overall pick, clean character, and the Browns had 1 or 2 teams they talked to (Seattle is up for debate).
  • Result - Is a conditional 5th and Haslam still has to pay the majority of the contract.

I think the league has spoken. Watson had a big list of interested teams and got paid, while Baker was traded for what the market was willing to pay ... which wasn't much.

Darnold now getting more than Baker. For the time being.
It's going to be awkward in Carolina. Especially if Baker starts.

Have to say, any step to put this saga behind us is a good thing in my book.

So let's get this straight.

Watson
  • Bio - great QB, but flawed human, with umpteen lawsuits hanging over his head, had 12 teams call the Texans after the grand jury decided not to criminally indict.
  • Result - Took a mega contract and a pile of first rounders, plus more, to acquire him.

Mayfield
  • Bio - first overall pick, clean character, and the Browns had 1 or 2 teams they talked to (Seattle is up for debate).
  • Result - Is a conditional 5th and Haslam still has to pay the majority of the contract.

I think the league has spoken. Watson had a big list of interested teams and got paid, while Baker was traded for what the market was willing to pay ... which wasn't much.
Yes, let's get this straight.

Watson-

Bio: Overrated, barely average QB of low moral character and a penchant for sexually assaulting women. Only three confirmed teams actually went after him, the Truckstop Hillbilly traded a half a decade of draft capital at the behest of his moron GM.

Mayfield- Solid QB with good morals, albeit immature. Definitely a better option than a clown who can't stop raping women. Was scapegoated and thrown under the bus by his GM. Had over a half a dozen teams interested except Shabbaz Al-Berry was asking for a ridiculous amount of capital after he fucked up all of his leverage.

Result: After the Texans fleeced the shit out of Berry the Panthers held steady and further fleeced the shit out of Berry.

But hey, keep pretending everything he does is brilliant when reality shows he is a drooling fucking retard who can't stop tripping over himself.

Finally. Below average starting QB, will eventually be above average backup. Will likely win some games for Carolina. But will never be able to see more than 1/3 of the field. He took this offseason seriously for the first time in his career, so maybe that will help. At least he doesnt have to be in Cleveland anymore, a city he clearly hated.

Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead GIF

baker will fail.the generic playcalling will get him killed.can anyone name a TE playing for CAR?they got chunba and E_Z eds kid
I feel like we got fleeced TBH.we should have/could have waited for something better.
a disappointing end to a disappointing career in cleveland..

2d GIF by floodcomics

Last edited:
We're those good morals by Baker when he was allegedly getting a mouth hug in a cheesecake factory parking lot, and it wasn't from Emily? I don't go to pro sports for finding morality.

CLE didn't get fleeced here, as far as I can tell. It's telling of what the market thinks of Baker. Waiting for a better offer that might never materialize is how they could have ended up truly fleeced. Now if Baker suddenly plays as a top NFL QB for an extended period of time, then we can talk about fleecing.

For me Baker got this team watchable. and that has not been a easy thing since my team went to Baltimore. before they left there was planning for 16 weeks far in advance. 25+ years of Never missing a game. these new Browns have been like a step Mom or Dad I guess.
so it's mixed feelings here. I wish him all the best. for the joy of making this new Browns team watchable.

After the Baker Mayfield era... it is time to unretire:
The Jersey

We drafted a qb #1 overall, gave him 4 head coaches, 3 OCs (?)... traded multiple first round picks for a head case and received back a 5th for our #1qb...
If Stefanski doesnt win, or gets into an argument with our new QB, we will have another hc next year and the cycle repeats.
Nothing can go wrong.

3ed357c99b9a60bf5d3efae800a338ef_crop_exact.jpgDs3G6vgX4AA9ZRg.jpg

Last edited:
He and his entourage did him no favors.
now hes going to go and challenge darnold for his job!the panthers were looking to upgrade at QB!
now what is the real moral difference to what the browns did trying to sign DW?huh baker?now its ok to do to darnold what got done to you?If BM had just kept his mouth shut we would have got a much better deal.really its a shame because I feel that baker is worth much more and is a starting QB in the NFL (only with a custom built OFF) which he wont enjoy in carolina.
he'll get the generic pocket passer playbook and he's going to get smoked out there..
one things for certain.It means we REALLY cant wait for game1 sept 12 at Carolina. thats mofo FIRE! the mayfield showdown game in charlotte NC!

Last edited:
Top Bottom