NFL - Baker to the Panthers for a 2024 (conditional) 5th rounder | Page 8 | Barking Hard

NFL Baker to the Panthers for a 2024 (conditional) 5th rounder

The difference is between the ears. sadly Baker is a know it all.
I don't buy that. Baker had an unbelievable rookie year. 27 TDs - 14 Ints, 3725 Yds, 63.8% Comp, 101.5 QBR. Then it went to his head and the Freddey Kitchens disaster covered it up a little, but Baker came in fat and arrogant in 2019-2020, 22 TDs - 21 Ints, 3827 Yds, 59.4%, Comp, 85.7 QBR. He was pretty bad. But he came back strong in 2021-2022. 26 TDs - 8 Ints, 3563 Yds, 62.8% Comp, 103.1 QBR. A playoff win v the Steelers and a good game against the Chiefs: (combined) -- 4 TDs - 1 Int, 467 Yds, 62% Comp, QBR 100.

Last year he threw for 321 Yds against the Chiefs game 1 and completed 75% of his passes. Yeah he threw the int to end the game when he got clipped from behind while trying to throw it out of bounds. But he looked good that game and I was pumped. And he looked sharp as fuck in the pre-season throwing the ball. He was zipping the ball around as good as a franchise QB needs to able to sling it. Then came the fateful interception against the Texans when he pulled an RG3 and fucked himself for the rest of the year. If Stefanski had any balls, he would have shut him down, at least after the Vikings game when it was clear he couldn't throw the ball for shit. I mean. . . who couldn't see that Baker had no accuracy, no zip, NOTHING.

Yes, I agree, Baker didn't do himself any favors with his demeanor or his attitude. He was immature. I think he learned a valuable lesson, at least I hope so.

I do think that without the Watson trade, we'd have a better record right now with Baker. That said, long term, Watson is an upgrade, no doubt. But how much of that money is going to cost us some of our better players? We'll see. I'm pulling for Watson and based on his history; I wouldn't bet against him.

I don't buy that. Baker had an unbelievable rookie year. 27 TDs - 14 Ints, 3725 Yds, 63.8% Comp, 101.5 QBR. Then it went to his head and the Freddey Kitchens disaster covered it up a little, but Baker came in fat and arrogant in 2019-2020, 22 TDs - 21 Ints, 3827 Yds, 59.4%, Comp, 85.7 QBR. He was pretty bad. But he came back strong in 2021-2022. 26 TDs - 8 Ints, 3563 Yds, 62.8% Comp, 103.1 QBR. A playoff win v the Steelers and a good game against the Chiefs: (combined) -- 4 TDs - 1 Int, 467 Yds, 62% Comp, QBR 100.

Last year he threw for 321 Yds against the Chiefs game 1 and completed 75% of his passes. Yeah he threw the int to end the game when he got clipped from behind while trying to throw it out of bounds. But he looked good that game and I was pumped. And he looked sharp as fuck in the pre-season throwing the ball. He was zipping the ball around as good as a franchise QB needs to able to sling it. Then came the fateful interception against the Texans when he pulled an RG3 and fucked himself for the rest of the year. If Stefanski had any balls, he would have shut him down, at least after the Vikings game when it was clear he couldn't throw the ball for shit. I mean. . . who couldn't see that Baker had no accuracy, no zip, NOTHING.

Yes, I agree, Baker didn't do himself any favors with his demeanor or his attitude. He was immature. I think he learned a valuable lesson, at least I hope so.

I do think that without the Watson trade, we'd have a better record right now with Baker. That said, long term, Watson is an upgrade, no doubt. But how much of that money is going to cost us some of our better players? We'll see. I'm pulling for Watson and based on his history; I wouldn't bet against him.
Watson didn't look too good against a shit team yesterday... I didn't expect a big game from him but damn... Those passes into the turf are concerning...

I am not a Baker dude, but he does have tools, and I think he will eventually find his way as at least a reasonable starter in the league. Shifting gears, I truly expect Watson to come out slinging next week. I really believe that was first game rust, combined with a bit of yip to do with the venue and whole situation. I am not saying he's gonna kill it, just that he will be much more comfortable and at ease.

I think he will eventually find his way as at least a reasonable starter in the league.
John Candy Lol GIF

Top Bottom