The Offensive Line | Page 36 | Barking Hard

The Offensive Line

PFF rankings

Conklin ranked as 6th OT, out of 107
Teller is top ranked guard, and the top ranked O-lineman. Period
Tretter is 2nd ranked center out of 40
Bitonio is the 10th ranked guard, out of 99
Wills sitting at 55 among OT's, out of 107, BUT, improving. He's 33rd in pass blocking.

more TE play please
why not some TE screens or reverses? lets get them in the game
now we have marshall faulk (hunt) as probable starter?
that opens doors too
If we are gonna run shotgun and rollouts mostly for passing we need to get imaginative with the playcalling
D will OLB spy us now but that can offer up opportunities too
we need hunt catching more out of the BF
more flea flicka
LETS GO!

. . . and a big Thank You to Bill Callahan.

Our pass blocking efficiency, as a unit, is 4th ranked.

Another hat tip to AB deserved. It needed to be fixed, and he did it. Wills still leads his draft class in pass blocking. We have a top-5 O line. Man-o-man. And that's without the NFL's top guard (Teller) for the last few games.

BTW, did Joe Thomas nail the Andrew Thomas thing or what? He felt he wasn't that good, but loved Wills.
A. Thomas is literally the bottom of his draft class in pass blocking. 15th out of 15.

Wirfs is getting praise too, as is Becton, but Wills is out grading them both in pass protection.

Becton = best run blocking grade
Wills = best pass blocking grade
Wirfs - best over all grade (i.e. most balance to this point)

Looks like all 3 will be fine.

Thank god we didn't go A. Thomas, or rely on one of the 2nd tier guys like Austin Jackson etc, as they aren't settling in very quickly at all. And we needed a now-guy at LT.

I love our O-line when all are healthy. I agree from the other thread on Teller. Please please please get him back in there! And I understand why they are bringing him along slow. We are still winning and it’s a long season

Here's where we are, glass half full version

Conklin - 16th ranked OT overall, and the 2nd best graded OT in the AFCN
Teller - not only the top ranked G, but also the top ranked O-lineman in all the land
Trett - the top ranked pass blocking center, and the 3rd ranked over all
Bitonio - top-10 G (8th overall)
Wills - the best pass blocking OT in the rookie class

Hubbard - 31st ranked G, out of 117

That's crazy amazing.

Last edited:
I hate to kill your joy ocon but man
did you see the pitts game? we are a top 5 O-line? we are probably the most improved in the NFL
but for a line to dominate us so spectacularly?
If we are top 5 and hey we might be, it shouldn't look like that.should it?

the titans ran against them.other O-lines around the league play pitt but dont get made to look like a college line.
I think we are much improved and our run blocking is probably top 5
but those PFF grades? go against the laws of common sense
for our guys to suddenly be better than all the O-line pro bowlers in the NFL 7 games in with OUR schedule?
for me the proof is on the field.run the ball against pitt or balt.then we will be a truly top 5 O-line in the NFL

Last edited:
I hate to kill your joy ocon but man
did you see the pitts game? we are a top 5 O-line? we are probably the most improved in the NFL
but for a line to dominate us so spectacularly?
If we are top 5 and hey we might be, it shouldn't look like that.should it?

the titans ran against them.other O-lines around the league play pitt but dont get made to look like a college line.

It was just a bad game, bad game plans, bad execution, and bad play all the way around. My money says we will own both them and Baltimore next time around if we’re healthy. You have to remember there were several key injuries as well in the Pitt game

a bad game plan?
they fu*king destroyed us man for man.
you think we are going to run the ball against balt or pitt? LOL oh stop it.
If we run for 100 yards in either of those 2 games? we might win the SB.
no joke.

a bad game plan?
they fu*king destroyed us man for man.
you think we are going to run the ball against balt or pitt? LOL oh stop it.
If we run for 100 yards in either of those 2 games? we might win the SB.
no joke.
Look. That was a team loss. No matter who we try to pin it on, the whole team stunk the place up. You could feel it when they came out of the locker room. Secondary decimated, o-line in a world of hurt, Chubb out, Mack playing hurt, Bakers ribs racked in that game along with Landry’s? Yes I’m saying if healthy, we can beat both of those teams despite my disdain for Woods alignments and schemes and Stefanski’s lack of detail against our division rivals. His trickery is not gonna fool the stoppers. We have to be tougher than they are. It’s that simple. The AFCN is chocked full of tough football players and I’ve said it before. If this team wants to advance, we have to beat our AFCN rivals. They do that? Then yes......we could get to and win the SuperBowl! I guarantee you that’s on Bakers mind as well as the other leaders on this team. For now though it’s 1 game at a time and the Raiders are up next ;)

I dont disagree with anything you've written there but
the game was lost in the trenches my man
and we shall test your theory soon.we play pitt and balt again.so we shall see.
we will own both them and Baltimore
BTW - I think pitt is in the AFC champ game this year 100% If not world champs

Last edited:
I dont disagree with anything you've written there but
the game was lost in the trenches my man
and we shall test your theory soon.we play pitt and balt again.so we shall see.

BTW - I think pitt is in the AFC champ game this year 100% If not world champs
Well I just cannot nor would I predict a stooler SB. It’s not in my DNA. That’s what they do on stooler forums ;)

you made predictions sparky
lets see If its in your DNA to be right
plenty of posters here have said the steelers look the business this year
so predictions that aren't browns wins are frowned upon? you should leave this forum? thats really narrow minded no?
cheerleaders only need apply?

what I'm conveying is - having said all that ^^pitts could be the #1 team in the NFL so..theres that

Last edited:
you made predictions sparky
lets see If its in your DNA to be right
plenty of posters here have said the steelers look the business this year
so predictions that aren't browns wins are frowned upon? you should leave this forum? thats really narrow minded no?
cheerleaders only need apply?

what I'm conveying is - having said all that ^^pitts could be the #1 team in the NFL so..theres that
I don’t think I told you to leave and I don’t think I’ll leave today Pittsburgh fan. But it is in my DNA to tell a Pittsburgh fan to go fuck himself. Now go read between the lines stooler boy before you bring out the Journeyman in me 😏

Last edited:
Doug Dieken and Donovan addressed this issue with the Browns when they play pit. The players are not aware of the importance of this game. Dieken said the Browns players should have it explained to them every year what that game means and the intensity that pit will come at us with.

Stefanski needs to realize it and the team does too. We were not ready for the physical football that they brought. It's that simple. They blocked harder, ran faster and hit harder for 60 minutes and we did not know how to retaliate.

Hopefully, we now know. When we play pit. The gloves come off. There gloves will come off too. Tackles are made with intent to send a message. I saw pit throw elbows across our guys as they tackled. We either respond in kind or submit.

I suggest that we run the ball right up their ass. Every god damn time and watch Landry and Higgins block the hell out of their CB's. Joe Haden ain't no physical CB, c'mon! Run at him. Bring a pulling guard with a TE. He'll shrink every time.

Top Bottom