NFL - Baker to the Panthers for a 2024 (conditional) 5th rounder | Page 5 | Barking Hard

NFL Baker to the Panthers for a 2024 (conditional) 5th rounder

Mayfield is looking pretty horrible. 32nd ranked passer on PFF, and near the bottom of most QB metrics.

Point of story: Will he make it to 70% of snaps to convert the 5th rounder to a 4th?

Weird enough, it might be time to hope Baker rallies for a month or so.

Looks like the NFL market was correct on him, although so far, it's a bad QB-ing year. Yet still, he's at the bottom.

Point of story: Will he make it to 70% of snaps to convert the 5th rounder to a 4th?
Well, Matt Corral's season ending injury certainly works in our favor, there. Before his injury, if the Panthers sucked and were clearly going to miss the playoffs upon approaching the 70% snaps mark, they could have simply decided they "wanted to give Matt a look." Not so, anymore.

That said, they could simply do the same thing with Darnold - if not for any defensible reason other than protecting their draft capital (which, of course, is a perfectly defensible reason :ROFLMAO: . They would just say something else, publicly)

I still think a team can win with him. He won a playoff game with us.

I wish him the best and hope he gets his shit together, listens to coaches on what he needs to do to improve and does that. Stay off SM and dump his PR entourage that's out there saying he can't win because the rest of the team sucks. BS!

He couldn't win here consistently with a good team either. KS is showing that with every game plan and play call he makes right now.

I still think a team can win with him. He won a playoff game with us.

I wish him the best and hope he gets his shit together, listens to coaches on what he needs to do to improve and does that. Stay off SM and dump his PR entourage that's out there saying he can't win because the rest of the team sucks. BS!

He couldn't win here consistently with a good team either. KS is showing that with every game plan and play call he makes right now.

Lets hold reservation on KS until we start playing better teams on the schedule...

True, but he is pretty hot right now.
We'll get a better overall view when we get down by a couple TD's and are forced to throw more. Last year he seemed to abandon the run game as soon as we got down by a TD and when it wasn't really necessary as we still had plenty of time. My hope is the FO went through these things with him, beat him up a bit over it, and he took it to heart to re-evaluate and make that change.
🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞

Who was the coach when the Browns won that playoff game? Fans are funny!

I like KS, you don’t hear about him. No idea about the future but presently we’re winning with a back up quarterback amidst total off-season drama. I’ll take that over the disgruntled local fan boys who still pine over the loss of Baker.

BDU?
where is your impassioned defence?

Left the moment he did. I won't apologise for supporting our guys and trying to see the bright side.

At the end of the day, I'm a fan of the Browns and football. I won't end up like some fans who seem to hate this franchise, find absolutely no joy in the sport and whinge away the days about how fucked and pointless everything is. I'm not happy being miserable.

And I wouldn't get too bold. I wanted to give Mayfield another year on his existing contract unless we could get a guy like Watson. You pitched two or three firsts for Jimmy G and wanted to trade up in to the top 10 for QB prospects who went in the third round - like we repeatedly told you they would.

Don't try beat that drum. You're not him.

Left the moment he did. I won't apologise for supporting our guys and trying to see the bright side.

At the end of the day, I'm a fan of the Browns and football. I won't end up like some fans who seem to hate this franchise, find absolutely no joy in the sport and whinge away the days about how fucked and pointless everything is. I'm not happy being miserable.

And I wouldn't get too bold. I wanted to give Mayfield another year on his existing contract unless we could get a guy like Watson. You pitched two or three firsts for Jimmy G and wanted to trade up in to the top 10 for QB prospects who went in the third round - like we repeatedly told you they would.

Don't try beat that drum. You're not him.

When you have seen nothing but futility from this organization for 40 plus year ending in tragedy... There's not much positive you can take from this crap organization other than it still exists and continues to do it ALL WRONG, year in and year out. With a couple of teasers along the way...

They are what they are... Stefanski is an OC trying to be a HC.. But is still more concerned about being an OC than be an actual HC.. I wish he would 1) Focus on the job he was Hired to do (Team administrator)... 2) realize that Joe Woods is a GARBAGE DC whose soft zone defense is killing this team. 3) Give up play calling duties and let AVP do what he was brought here to do. 4) start taking points and quit leaving them on the field. 5) keep your best player Nick Chubb on the field and quit putting the game in the hands of a QB who can't finish games by himself in crunch time as evidenced by his last play turnover.

Last edited:
Top Bottom